Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, Prime Minister 2009-2013
Political and Parliamentary activities:
- Prime Minister of Iceland February 1st 2009 - May 23rd 2013.
- Minister of Social Affairs July 8th 1987–June 24th 1994 and May 24th 2007 – February 1st 2009.
- Member of Althingi (the Parliament) for the Reykjavík constituency 1978–2013.
- Member of Althingi's Presidium 1979, 1983–1984 and 2003–2007.
- Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs 1995–1996, Committee on Industry 1995–1999, Althingi's Special Committee on Constitutional Affairs 1995–1997, 1999–2000 and 2004–2007, Committee on General Affairs 1996–1999, Committe on Economy and Trade 1999–2007, Committee on Credentials 1999–2003 and Committee of Social Affairs 2003–2007.
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the IPU 1996–2003.
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly 2003–2007.
- Vice Chairman of the Social Democratic Party 1984–1993.
- Leader of the Social Democratic Alliance 2009–2013
- Chairman of the Board of Governors on Issues concerning Mentally Challenged and Disabled Persons 1979–1983.
- Member of Committee preparing a Bill on the Arrangement and Implementation on Adult Education and Revision of the Social Security Act 1978.
- Member of the Board of Social Security 1978–1987, Chairman of the Board 1979–1980.
- Participant of Conventions of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) 1980–1985.
- Chairman of the political party Þjóðvaki, 1995.
Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir is born in 1942.